26 June 2006

Week in Review

What a crazy week it was. I just finished a big project at work: The Changing Economic Structure and Current Baseline of Draper City, a long and detailed look at the state of one of Salt Lake's most prosperous and dynamic suburbs. I'm also updating BEBR's website (which looks terribly old-school), and designing a brochure for our organization. With all these projects taking up valuable computing time in my head, I've neglected my blog. I'm sure my one reader has abandoned me by now.

If you want to see what I do most everyday, click on the Draper project link. It'll pull up a huge PDF. Be careful though - reading a document like this cover to cover might induce thoughts of suicide. All the same, it's a good picture of what I'm doing professionally. (sorry. I've just learned that I can't post a PDF here. Once it's loaded onto our website, I'll provide a link).

In other news, I spent the weekend assembling new furniture for our bedroom. Our bedside tables, which rightly should have been decomissionsed in the Reagan administration, were finally retired. I also spent too much time trying to figure out why our cable modem wasn't communicating with the new wireless router Rob got for his birthday. After spending hours on the phone with Comcast's and Linksys's technical support, we diagnosed the problem as a hardware failure - which means, new modem! Whoopee! When I first encountered the problem, I called my brother Shawn, who said "you're modem's probably hosed." I should have taken him for his word and done my yardwork, instead of spending hours on the phone with Canada and India. Aren't computers supposed to make our lives easier?

No comments: