11 June 2006

Marriage, Part III

I'll I've been talking about lately is marriage...

Today marks the beginning of a momentous week in my best friend's life, and therefore in mine.

Danny Schoenfeld, my friend and my other brother, is getting married to the lovely and unstoppable Deidre Hughes. I am so proud of them both, and it is an honor to be Danny's best man.

This week will include the rehearsal on Wednesday, the wedding and reception on Thursday, and a celebratory open house on Friday. And then Danny and Deidre are off to British Columbia for their honeymoon.

Danny has asked me to be the MC at his wedding - "like Jon Stewart at the Oscars" he said - but I hope I can do a better job at the wedding than Jon did at the Oscars. But Danny has always been there when I've needed him, so it's the least I can do to stand up and talk through his wedding. Even though I'll probably make a fool of myself, I won't make a fool of him.

"Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam. And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah… So tweasuwe youw wove…"

No comments: